Thursday 11 October 2012

voyeur

photo courtesy of tommy ton via style.com

In the past few years, the rise of street style photos during fashion week has risen to such prominence that season after season I'm equally parts excited to see what's sashaying down the runway as I am to see what Christine Centenera and Taylor Tomasi Hill are wearing.  These photos provide a rare glimpse into the world of fashion superpowers and the one thing that binds all these photos together is the common look of nonchalance. They never seem to be fazed by their surroundings or by the outfit next to theirs; even if its Anna Dello Russo all bedazzled out in as chandelier. That's probably why I love this picture, it's comforting to know that the unfazed are susceptible to moments of weakness too.

Because, if I was at fashion week. I would be so  uncomfortably amazed and indefinitely embarrassed that I couldn't pick my jaw up from the ground. I guess I'll just have to drag it around with me. I think this is what normal teenage girls feel feel about One Direction. 

x k

No comments:

Post a Comment