Monday 3 December 2012

scented letters


My dearest,

You may not know me, but I've admired you from after all for a great while.
From the first time I saw you down the catwalk, clinging onto another in
such a familiar manner; I could feel nothing by envy for the one in the braids. 
At that moment, I knew that I had to have you for myself.
How apt that you be named Scented Letters from Alice McCall's 
whimsical Babooshka collection; now let me dedicate this letter to you.

I knew that you'd accompany me all through the summer.
But fear not- my feelings towards you are so much more than a 
summer romance. I adore you from the way you flow in the wind and
the way in which your bright colour brings out the smiles. 
You're a contradiction from the way in which your length is demure to the 
open and sheer nature which bares your soul. 

My thoughts go out to you- My Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully,
then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us-
I cannot imagine my life anew without you, so upon my words, 
will you please find your own way into my closet?
(p.s. for inspiration, might I suggest any of the adventures as seen in Toy Story?)

forever yours,
karen

No comments:

Post a Comment