Tuesday 25 September 2012

plaid

Uniqlo plaid shirt // Bec & Bridge skirt // Steve Madden heels // Cheap Monday cuff

Plaid was splashed all over the runway in New York and London this season- although it was a much more modern take compared to the shirt I'm sporting. I loved it so much in the 3.1 Phillip Lim show that I had to pull this from the bottom of my pile. It really didn't leave my clothing circulation but Phillip Lim really made me crave wearing plaid- I can't wait until this collection is available online! I thought Topshop Unique did a great job too- although I'm still not okay spending anything more than average high street price on Topshop, even if it is part of the collections. 

I picked this plaid shirt up at Uniqlo when I was in Hong Kong almost 4 years ago (and this shirt too). I can't really explain how comfy these shirts are. I decided to mix it up with something that I recently acquired, this amazing Bec & Bridge peplum/trumpet skirt. Peplum has been such a strong trend recently and even though everyone is raving about it, it really doesn't suit my body type (i.e. without-a-waist) but this skirt really satisfies my peplum craving but it adheres to my body shape. 

x k

2 comments:

  1. Amazing skirt, and I love the shoes as well! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    Kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove this. Plaid always brings to mind 90s grunge so it's really fresh to see it with something like a structured leather (leather!) skirt. KUDOS

    ReplyDelete