Friday 22 March 2013

grey pastels


Kahlo tank top | Bardot shorts | Miu Miu 'coffer' bag | Zimmermann heels 

I scored big on these heels, so big that even a 'yo mamma' joke can be fashioned out of it. They're part of the Zimmermann Flip Side 2012 collection and they've always lingered at the back of my mind until I saw 
them again at the warehouse sale last week. They're the perfect summer alternative to the Alaia 
heels which I gushed about, except cheaper. Much, much cheaper.

The Zimmermann Warehouse Sale is one of those bi-annual events that you'd hate yourself for missing,
or even for not getting there the moment it opens. It's the perfect opportunity to stock up on their
delectable bikinis and sundresses (and occasionally splurge on a pair of heels that don't even require the
word 'splurge'). BUT I'm pretty sure it's only ever held in Sydney, I guess this is one of those only times 
where us Down Under-ers don't turn a nasty shade of green at the thought of all the warehouse sales we're
missing by not living in the US or Europe.

BUT if you took a note at all the talent currently happening at LMFF (that's in Melbourne, darling),
I'm pretty sure it's time to get all jelly at our proximity to Ellery, Dion Lee & Lover, amongst many others. 
Not that I wouldn't give my left arm to get into an Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang or Chanel sample 
sale (I need to keep my right arm to sign for my credit card of course).

x karen

7 comments:

  1. Those shoes are heavenly. I would like very much to steal them from your closet.

    Lauren x
    Gordon + Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the most amazing shoes! No wonder you were absolutely stoked!
    www.ahkavintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are beautiful! And please enlighten me Zimmerman Warehouse sale?! Where and when is this?!! :O

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute look girl! Nice blog too, following you now!
    Hope you have a look at my blog too :)

    http://www.curlsandbags.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your look is amazing!
    xoxo

    http://primasxavier.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ur outfit, and the shoes are amazing!

    http://christelpaola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lucky duck for scoring those gems at the Zimmermann sale! I still have yet to visit their once-in-a-blue-moon sales, but soon enough - ONE DAY!

    ReplyDelete